Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pacific Assault: How to turn on Full Screen Anti-Aliasing

• Please log in to reply

das09

das09

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Loading the game works fine. However, it appears that there are holes in some of the objects and I get these lines that run across the screen attached to other objects. When the objects move, the lines move with them. I don't know much of anything w/ gaming so I have no idea what I'm doing. Someone suggested aliasing.

I updated my video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS 512M) and I downloaded patches from MOAPA website that enables you to turn on full-screen anti-aliasing. Below describes what I need to do to enable it. There lies my problem, b/c I don't know what they are talking about. I don't know how to modify the variable. Can anyone help me out and let me know how to do this? Also, if someone is aware of the problem I'm having with holes in objects and the aliasing is not the problem, can someone suggest something else? Thanks.

Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA)
This patch allows you to turn on full-screen anti-aliasing. To turn it on you must modify the value of the following variable:
r_multisample_quality 0 - No multi-sampling
1 - 1 x multi-sampling
2 - 2 x multi-sampling
16 - 16 x mutli-sampling
The software will automatically degrade the value of r_multisample_quality to the highest possible value that your hardware is capable of. In order to see the results of this change you will need to exit the game and return. Once set, the value of this variable will be preserved.

The default value for r_multisample_quality is 0 or No multi-sampling.

Advertisements