Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 1175cxi won't install scanner drivers after WXP upgrade

• Please log in to reply

smsacks

smsacks

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Greetings:

I've just upgraded my PC from W2K to WXP Pro SP2. Unfortunately I didn't think I had to consult with HP before doing the upgrade, but apparently you're supposed to uninstall the HP all-in-one software before upgrading. I didn't do this. Initially, after the upgrade, I couldn't print or scan. But I followed the instructions here:
HP Officejet Pro 1100, R, and PSC 500 Series All-in-One Products - Installing the All-in-One Product In Windows XP

and I was able to get the printing side to work. On reboot, the computer starts up the "found new hardware" wizard and tries to install "HP1170C Scanner" but comes back saying it can't find the software for it. HP's web site insists that WXP has all the necessary drivers and that the ones that came with the original installation will not work on XP (I think my WXP upgrade confirmed the latter already). One other bit of info: on that web site, it says to uninstall the HP all-in-one software, but doesn't say explicitly to uninstall the HP1170c software. I have tried to uninstall it, but it won't uninstall. It just says "Internal error - unable to continue uninstall process". I don't know if the presence of that software (or whatever is left of it after numerous attempts to uninstall) is relevant to the problem or not. I've attached a file that shows screen prints and such from what I've tried so far.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

SS

Attached Files

Advertisements