Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr Watson Debugger, Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

• Please log in to reply

newman2

newman2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,
I just got through 3 days of consultation with one of your experts -- he was great, and indeed removed the malware from my computer. He also made recommendations, among them 1) change to Firefox from IE7; 2) install SuperAntiSpyware; 3) Install SpywareGuard...all of which I did. On the computer that was infected with the Trojan Mezzia, all is clear. However, I thought it would be smart to install these protections on my other machines as well, which I did. Ever since then, upon bootup, I get a message on one that says: DR WATSON POSTMORTEM DEBUGGER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. I close that message and it remains on the screen, until I delete the process with Task Manager. On the other machine, I get the message...sometimes two of them...that says VISUAL STUDIO JUST-IN-TIME DEBUGGER...An unhandled win32 exception occurred in explorer.exe (2628), or the same message specifying TPHKMGR.exe (3836).

Both messages come up on their respective machines with each boot.

The programs I installed were SuperAntiSpyware Pro, SpywareGuard, and Firefox.

I don't even know a Dr. Watson program or process, nor did I do anything with Visual Studio, which is resident on the machine...so I'm lost and assume its once again some Malware thing.

Incidentally, I tried to remove SpywareGuard but it tells me that its running so I should exit its instances by clicking on the tray icon...but there's no icon in the tray. Also, it doesn't appear in my Applications in task manager as "running", and I can't find its process either. (This is true on both machines). Something is wierd!

Please help...I'm going crazy with all these strange pheonmena.

Newman2

Advertisements