Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Problem

• Please log in to reply

littlepaws

littlepaws

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
I cannot connect to wireless network.
router netgear dg834gt 108mbps.

wired (Ethernet) works all ok

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the intel pro/wireless 3945abg Driver 11.5.0.32

Also removed Acer Enet Software to use windows.

there seems to be a problem connecting to DHCP and obtaining a IP address?

windows vista premium show limited or no connectivity.

I no all the setting are right as I connect other wireless devices to the router.

The problem is on a brand new Acer Aspire 7720 with intel pro/wireless 3945abg

Advertisements

wytboy55

wytboy55

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try to do system restore first > click on start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.
select CHOOSE A DIFFERENT RESTORE POINT and then click next. CLICK the BOX that says SHOW RESTORE POINTS OLDER THAN 5 DAYS so that you will be able to see restore points created earlier than 5 days.
Select a date in the list (suppose to be a date prior to the date when the problem started happening)
and then next and finish, proceed until the computer reboots. If that didnt work go to the next step.

click START>RUN>and then type CMD and you're gonna see command prompt window (black screen)
type ipconfig /all

can you please post the following here:

UNDER WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTION
ipv4 address:
subnet mask:
default gateway:
dns servers:
dhcp enabled : yes or no?

after you posted these informations we can start from here. It could be an application problem. Your computer is not getting an ip address from the DHCP SERVER (ROUTER) and your TCP/IP might need to be reinstalled.

Edited by wytboy55, 11 February 2008 - 04:31 PM.