Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove Roxio and Sonic

• Please log in to reply

Ben2

Ben2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
All of a sudden, when I boot up my computer, Sonic Update Manager pop-up appears and prompts me to "insert the Sonic Update Manager disk and click OK". I want to remove Sonic and Roxio but am unable to uninstall it. I also tried EasyCleaner, but it did not work. I then tried "Start", "Run", and type misconfig then enter. I got a message that it couldn't find the misconfig program. Does anyone know how to permanently get rid of Sonic and Roxio?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Ben2 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I've dealt with this issue before. If you'd rather not uninstall it, there is a hotfix that will stop this issue from happening:
Sonic Update Manager CD-ROM Prompt Appears on Computer Startup

Oh, and by the way, the command you want to run to get to the System Configuration Utility is msconfig.

You can uninstall Nero by using the Nero Clean Tool and instructions at the following link:
Nero – Support - Nero 7 - Tools & Utilities

You can uninstall Roxio by using the following instructions:
000086CR : Clean Installation of Easy Media Creator

Regards,

Ax