Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recommendation for a USB Flash Drive?

• Please log in to reply

AniDanny

AniDanny

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I've never had a USB flash drive, but I've seen how useful they can be. I found a list of them on Newegg, and saw that the 8GB ones are actually reasonably cheap.
http://www.newegg.co...amp;Order=PRICE
There's one that's on sale, and only costs $25 with shipping right now (the A-DATA one), but the reviews seem kinda iffy on it. Sounds like it's really slow compared to others. So, does anyone here have experience with any of these, or else just recommendations on which of these would be at least somewhat fast for a reasonable price?

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
What it really comes down to is: What are you going to be storing or carrying on your flash drive?

Is Security important to you?

AniDanny

AniDanny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Probably just school-work. Bringing things from a friend's laptop to my own when we're working on a group project, saving data from experiments on school computers to bring back and work on on my own later, etc. But I also want a good deal of space in case I feel like bringing anime or something to a friend's to watch, but don't want to haul my laptop along with me. What would be not-secure about different kinds of flash drives?

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Some flash drives have no password protection or any security at all. Others, like IronKey, have the some high tech secuirity features.

If you really want a lot of storage space, you might consider an external portable usb hard drive. Like this, for example.

AniDanny

AniDanny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Already have one of those. Want something I can keep on a keychain, cause that's just easier.