Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurius FM transmitter

• Please log in to reply

donalh

donalh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

I bought an Aurius FM transmitter and have operated it for about a year on a G4 Mac. Its a really cool 'dongle' style thing that broadcasts the sound output of your PC to radios within about 50ft. Very handy when the quality of radio in Ireland is so bad.

I recently changed to dell desktop and laptop with a Windows XP OS and the unit no longer works. I do not have the original disk so I downloaded the up to date software from the Engineered Audio site. The message I'm getting when I click on the software is "no Aurius device is currently connected. Please connect the device and try again" .

It appears the PC is not recognising the hardware at all. Tried many times emailing their tech support (and others) but got no response.

I know it's little information but where do I start?

Donal.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
first, the software requires dot net 2.0. Visit Microsoft (windows update) and make sure you have it installed.

Next, go to your device manager. look for any devices that have a yellow mark next to them. This is unidentified hardware. What does it show?

also, for usb devices, you normally install the drivers first and then connect the device. Applications will sometimes prompt you during install to plug in device.

donalh

donalh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for answering starjax.

I have dot net 2.0. Installed a long time ago.

The device manager shows the dongle as a yellow question mark with 'other devices' on it. If I click on it it says 'unknown'.

??

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
right click on yellow marked device. install driver. Say "have driver" and choose the driver for your device.