Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Local Disk D automatically kicks me out ! Need Help

• Please log in to reply

djtexas

djtexas

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Im having trouble loggin in my D drive it kicks me out after 2 seconds ?
D drive is partitioned with C drive / just to keep all my music and movies organized more neatly.
Operating window XP.

Edited by djtexas, 15 February 2008 - 07:26 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
hi djtexas..
unless you have eye problems and NEED large type to read your screen then please don't us large and bold type..
do you mean you have a single hard drive partitioned as C and D or do you have 2 HD's and what do you mean logging in to the D drive..

djtexas

djtexas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

hi djtexas..
unless you have eye problems and NEED large type to read your screen then please don't us large and bold type..
do you mean you have a single hard drive partitioned as C and D or do you have 2 HD's and what do you mean logging in to the D drive..

1 hd partitioned in 2 C/D

Right now Im running Ad-aware hopefully this solves the prob, I guess by "logging in " I means I can't access my folders in D drive cause it exits by itself after 2 second....

and about the large letter sorry if it annoys you !! :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
How are you accessing the D drive? Are you using Windows Explorer, My Computer (which is also Windows Explorer) or via some other method?

Also, what do you mean when you say it exits by itself? Do you mean the Windows Explorer window closes? When does this happen, as soon as you click on the D: drive or when you try to open certain folders or what?

Look in Event Viewer, see if anything is getting logged there that may help to understand what is happening. It's highly unlikely that Ad-Aware is going to do anything for this problem.

To open Event Viewer, click on Start then Run, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter. Look in all three areas for any Red entries. You can double click on an entry to see it's details then use the up and down arrows to move forward or backward through the entries.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
could you get a screenshot like mine to show your drives...D is usually the cd/dvd drive...

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
could you please tell us more about your computer?
What is the make and model number?
I ask because some computers have a D partition for recovery purposes.