Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista, Xpress 1150, R300 Screencontrol & atimkdag...

• Please log in to reply

Roëll

Roëll

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hiya..

its been a while since i had unfixable troubles with computers.. and now it all starts with my laptop...

ive got a dell inspiron 1501

2 gb ram

ATI Xpress 1150

amd athlon 64 x2

160gb hard disk

Vista basic 32-bits..

( think thats the needed info :) )

the problem is this, a couple of weeks ago vista crashed so bad that it kept looping from startup to login to full restart to startup to..... etc.

so i got tired and felt like nothing was salvageable ( documents, movies, music, etc.)
so i went and full reinstalled vista with all needed applications and all that....

untill recently i didn't have a problem with this... untill i had done driver update for that annoying xpress 1150 card...
everything was good accept for the annoying pink square in the upper left corner of my screen... so i removed the
whole ATI thing and reinstalled the older version i had of the driver.

ever since, i've been getting annoying "R300 screencontrol program doesn't work properly and has been recovered"
and a "atimkdag doesn't work properly and has been recoverd" in a small fadeing popup box.

i wonder how to solve this... as this is really annoying if ya wanna watch a movie or even a videoclip on youtube in fullscreen...

anyhow, i hope its nothing 2 big... hope any1 can help with this..

cheers, Roëll

Advertisements