Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound and bad image

• Please log in to reply

Sue81

Sue81

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop (an advent 7211) is suffering two problems which may or may not be connected, they seemed to happen around the same time at the begining of January.

First of all and the one which bugs me the most is that I have no sound.

Device manager shows no errors but I have no sound either through my speakers or through headphones. If I try to test the speakers I get failed to play test tone.

The speakers show as Realtek High Definition Audio.

The other problem is when I start windows and windows live messenger starts to load I get the following error message

msnmsgr.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\es.dll is either not deisned to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I've had a good look round on the web to try to solve both these problems but have so far come up against a blank.

Any help would be appreciated and if more information is needed please ask and I'll supply it.

Advertisements

cokane

cokane

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
i have problems with messenger to. it will never load up just trys to conect so i dont use it any more. but i would try to uninstall the drivers for the speakers. check the computers makers site for some updates.