Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Msconfig help

• Please log in to reply

Taco130

Taco130

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I go start, run, I type in Msconfig, I click ok and a messege comes up saying "windiw cannot find Msconfig"
help

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Strange, could be a sign of a malware infection though. See if msconfig.exe is in the C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries folder.

If yes, try running this fom Start / Run: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig

If it's not there then I would be concerned and would suggest you read through this area: Cleanup Your System.

This takes care of the many of the problems without further action by the Malware Gurus on this site.

If this doesn't do it, post a HijackThis log here: Malware Removal Forum.

Make sure you read the You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log article before posting.

Please be patient, this is a very active anti-malware site and the malware removal experts are extremely busy. It can take 1 to 3 days for them to get to you.

Taco130

Taco130

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
i found it in C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig

thank you

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome. Is there anything else that is not working right? Can you get to Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+del? Can you open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel? Can you start regedit?

Taco130

Taco130

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
everything else is fine
thank you