Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware problem...

• Please log in to reply

ride111

ride111

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a major spyware or adware problem...a couple of days ago i got a trojan through windows messenger..i managed to remove the trojan with AVG 7.5 but i now have loads of spyware ...all these different pages keep popping up whenever i use the internet - advertising other spyware removal programs as well as things like dating websites or poker websites..im using windows defender, spybot (searh & destroy), spyware blaster as well as AVG..have run scans on all but problems still persist...also my settings for security zones always keeps being changed automatically too to 'accepting all cookies' even though i want it on medium and select that..appreciate some help as its driving me crazy!

also, AVG a couple of days ago detected 5 trojans but then 'heale'd the problem..i did another scan and nothing came up - are they gone??? also internet explorer 7 seems to be not operating as well either...i tried uninstalling it but it wouldnt let me - said a file was missing..

also, after i got the trojan the bars on the master volume arent working right...slding the volume bar up or down results in my computer slowing down..hopefully that makes sense.

and another thing i keep getting is a message appearing on my screen saying C: error runtime or something like that...

im not really good at computers so apologiesfor how im describing whats wrong with my laptop..if any u guys could help would really appriciate it.

Edited by ride111, 17 February 2008 - 11:08 AM.

Advertisements