Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp install INSERT DISK 3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drawkward1

drawkward1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm working on a computer from my school where I teach. I'm an English teacher in Korea. so the comuter im using has windows installed in Korean. I have managed to get around that by guessing what things mean. so far i think thats not my problem . but I did download two separate versions of windows xp professional. I extract them fine and stick them on a dvd. (separate dvds) i open it from the boot and get the blue screens that are standard for any xp installation. but once i get past the second where you press enter to install windows xp. i get a screen saying insert disk three? why? i really dont understand. and i have tried it with both disks and i get that right away. any advice besides buy the disk? any help is appreciated . thanks

Edited by drawkward1, 18 February 2008 - 01:02 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
drawkward1,

When you say you downloaded two separate versions of Windows, what do you mean? You don't have a Windows disk that you are installing from?

drawkward1

drawkward1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah i dont have an actual disk i burnt the info i downloaded on to a disk so i can boot from it. I downloaded windows from pirate bay or ee torrent site. I have done this in the past with no problems. i have a version where no key is needed, and one that I have the key for. They are burnt on two separate disks, Also before downloading i read the feedback from the download site and they all had positive feedback. sometimes when i download games there are multiple disks and i need to mount one. Neither download had multiple disks that i could burn. and from what i remember and gather windows is only a one cd program? this is my problem. how to i bypass this request for a third disk.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You confirmed what I suspected. You have illegal copies of Windows, and under our Terms of Use, which you agreed to when you joined, we will not help you any further. This topic is closed.