Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Veido Card Dell C521

• Please log in to reply

adawg

adawg

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
So while I'm waiting for IE to do something stupid I'll start my post in the wonderful Firefox.

I've been wanting very badly to upgrade my video card on a Dell C521 machine and been looking on the net for answers, unable to come up with much. All I want to know is can I upgrade the video card and what are some options.

Currently I have the X1300Pro available from dell. I know that I need to get a low profile video card but I'm just not sure if I can even put a new card in and I don't want to waste the money to find out it won't work.

Please help. Oh and the main reason I'm looking to upgrade is for gaming. Mostly for World of Warcraft but all games in general.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Well by virtue of the fact it has a separate card, the graphics will be upgradable.
However whether you can find a half-high graphics card is an entirely different question to which the answer will probably be no.

adawg

adawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
K thanks, but I don't think finding one will be too difficult - I seem to have come across several which gives me more hope. I need to know though what ones are better than the one I currently have. I've found this list of cards from a previous post - just wondering which would be the best.