Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewire upgrade

• Please log in to reply

snoopdog902003

snoopdog902003

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I need to get a product but it requires connecting to a firewire port. I only have usb. I built this pc, but i have no idea how firewire connects(through pci or somthing i dunno)...but anyways i need to know, Is there a certain type of firewire card i have to get for my motherboard(MO Info at bottom) and where does it connect to on the motherboard to see if i have room

Info(if needed)
Motherboard: Foxconn 6100K8MA-RS 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.....http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186085
Windows Vista Ultimate

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
This is what you are looking for: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815265002.

snoopdog902003

snoopdog902003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Problem is that product u listed, it says this in the cons....Cons: If you have little to no experience installing adapters, there are no ""How To"" steps as far as what goes where inside your computer. I have no idea where this would plug into

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

The card to which Titan8990 linked is a PCI card. Therefore, it connects to a PCI slot on the motherboard. PCI slots are the 3 white ones on the bottom right of the following picture:

Posted Image

I hope this helps.

Troy