Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Computer dummy

Computer dummy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I asked for help a week ago and I tried everything that people suggested and I still am only connected at 14.4 I cant even check my email. I have downloaded numerous drivers and none help I also have checked my settings a million times. I used to connect at 45.3 with windows ME and with my old computer on XP I connected at 45.3 but it wont load anything and it says it isnt online so I switched computers and put XP pro on this computer and now it wont connect any faster then 14.4 I also have checked my modem taken it out and reinstalled it and have downloaded four differant drivers so that I can hopefully get this to work and nothing works. PLease help I really want to connect at 45.3 again ohh and my phone line doesnt have noise and my ISP provider hasnt changed anything (my husbands computer connects fine). Thank you for any help.

Jana

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.hms.com/ispeed.asp

try the above program

and download the latest modem drivers for your machine