Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running pps extension automatically in PowerPoint

• Please log in to reply

stern

stern

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

I have recently noticed that some pps extension files are not running automatically. Can anyone help is suggesting a possible reason as to why not and a possible fix. I use MS OFFICE 2003

Hopefully the fix if there is one won't be too complicated. (NOVICE)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean by not running automatically? can you be a bit more descriptive as to what exactly is happening?

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Will respond tomorrow. Unforeseen circumstances requires me to rush out.

Stern

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi dsenette

In response to your question, what I am experiencing is as follows:

Some files of my pps extension files usually advance forward by themselves when being played back and in others I have to advance to the next clip manually.

As previously indicated I am under the impression than files with pps extension do advance by themselves and was wondering if there might a cause why others have to be advanced manually. Might there be a fault at my end or at the originator's end.

Tks
Stern

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
AHA! that depends on how the PPS was set up...you can set up a PPS (powerpoint show) and not have it automatically advance through the slides...so it depends on how the PPS was created

stern

stern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi

Thanks for your explanation. Fully understand that it depends on how originated in the first instance.

Stern