Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Moderate Computer build

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Maybe this (these are CDN prices)

Motherboard + Q6600 CPU - 350
4 x 1GB - 70 after MIR or 4 x 1GB - 60 after MIR Both are 800MHZ (don't think i should oc yet)
XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX - 80 after MIR
PSU 500W - 80

w/ 13% tax (not taking into account the rebates) = 650 ~~

I can probably go even cheaper with the PSU
*Edit* looks like i might need to get a cpu fan too.

Edited by 41600, 20 February 2008 - 11:06 AM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I highly suggest you buy from NCIX. Since it appears you live in Ontario, you won't be charged PST ordering from NCIX. Just a heads up their new sale will be up 7ish PST. Also they price match any competitor, I have personally saved hundreds with that feature, if you need help on how to use it let me know (it sweetens every deal :)).

What are you using this computer for? I don't suggest that combo deal as Intel's chipsets are much better then nVidia's.
Since their sale start late tonight, I'd suggest waiting for that as there are good RAM kits that go on sale for $40 or less.
James

Edited by james_8970, 20 February 2008 - 12:41 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok thanks james. I didn't know about the PST !! (Yup i'm toronto, Ontario).. Ok I'll hold out and see what happens tonight (that would be 10 my time EST)