Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
As my first BsOD the code was from a driver its starting 2 drivers to load wifi the one by atheros and microsoft.Its not my computer but i was the one who fix it because another guy try to fix it but it was saying you have to activate windows the you press next & then it says your windows copy was already activated but it restart the computer every time and the same message keep appearing but i found a copy of winxp enter the recovery console and repair it.then i install missing drivers plus remove some the other guy installed because he install the wrong driver and some were not even install
The code of BSOD was Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (aka drivers issues from http://www.geekstogo...es-t43519.html)
So here the question what do you suggest removing the wifi program from startup(i think it must be in startup?
Because windows xp wifi manager is easier to use and the my friend doesnt know much about comp i prefer to they use windows xp wifi manager the one that came with the driver is harder

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
To have Windows XP manage your wireless network connection, do the following.

Open Network Connections.
Right click on Wireless Network Connection, select Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab and check the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" box.
Click OK.

Shutdown and reboot to have this take effect.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

To have Windows XP manage your wireless network connection, do the following.

Open Network Connections.
Right click on Wireless Network Connection, select Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab and check the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" box.
Click OK.

Shutdown and reboot to have this take effect.

Ok thank you I did that plus remove atheros client(the program and startup registry) and a system restore and it work fine
Know the only problem is that the speed is not working the same its like 50kbps went i was getting up 300kbps but i went to http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and its says 2mbps but its suppost to be 4 but maybe it will be fix later
thank you again :)
I still havent solved the windows update problem and now its not installing new updates but maybe it will be fix in sp3 also how do you post screenshots here(i already know how to capture them)?
:)

Edited by Canorro, 21 February 2008 - 03:18 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
From the Site Orientation and FAQ pinned area: How to upload an image to G2G and include it in your post

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Ok thank you again :)