Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nod32 or avg

• Please log in to reply

Huzz

Huzz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi

well i wanted some suggestion for which is the best antivirus suite for an enterprise. We are running Mcafee and it really gives us a headach so looking for alternate solution.We run about 400plus pcs.

I have been suggestion nod32 and avg.

so need some feedbacks. will appriciate it

thanks

Huzz

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

I don't have experience at an Enterprise level, but here's my advice from others' experiences:

Symantec have been recommended to me at every university I have been to so far. As a geek (hence why I'm registered on this site :)), I always end up talking with the IT guys who have to deal with many computers (in the hundreds, same as your size). They do not recommend Norton Internet Security (by Symantec), but as far as the Enterprise version is concerned, all three universities gave the unanimous :)

I hope this helps you some. If it was up to me out of the two suggestions you have given, I would choose Nod32.

Troy

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
From my personal viewpoint, Norton has always given me lots of trouble.

AVG, on the other hand, has worked wonders for me. I've never gotten a virus in almost two years.

I would support AVG a 100%. :)

LT

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Ltangelic,

Is this from an Enterprise viewpoint or a stand-alone computer?

Cheers

Troy

Huzz

Huzz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks troy,

Well Nod32 claims they are the best lol, www.eset.com

I use norton at my place.its pretty much okay.But i dont feel it will do justice in entriprise level.Though havnt heard or seen any problems.But feel its too heavy for enterprise.Nod32 seems like effective and light solution.

Like Mcafee past 2 weeks we were trying to make sure all 440 pc we have are updated and we calculated we had spent almost 20 mins per computer trying to get it right.Which souldnt be the case.There is always a problem with either the version or the dat version or the agent.

So my boss got pissed and decided that for the next year 2008-2009 we should look for an alternate.

so hopefully will get more and more suggestion here

cheers :)

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Customer support at enterprise level is where Norton excels since it has the most 'clout' worldwide, but though it's firewall is a strong contender, it's AV product has been shown in independant tests to be well below par compared even to the free edition of AVG. But if it's support you want to be able to rely on, Norton is the one to go for.

If effectiveness of protection means more to you than top-ranking business support however, look elsewhere. And in looking elsewhere you'd most likely be saving a bunch of money too.

Having said that, every business I've been involved with had Norton products installed on all their machines. That's more a testament as to how good Symantec's enterprise section is at pushing it's products rather than an indication of how good their software is.

Edited by pip22, 21 February 2008 - 10:36 AM.