Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

setting up the internet

• Please log in to reply

tmm58991

tmm58991

• Pip
  • 4 posts
a friend has a computer running windows xp and has never set up for the internet dial up wants to know what all he needs to do for this :)

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Try this:

http://uhaweb.hartfo...XP/DialUpXP.htm

tmm58991

tmm58991

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
will this work for a free internet provider if a person has windows xp professional or what also do you know of a program that will download small enough to fit on a floppy that will give the model number of a modem that is not a zip file

Try this:

http://uhaweb.hartfo...XP/DialUpXP.htm

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting a free internet service provider is illegal - we do not support illegal activities on Geeks To Go. Also, why would you need a program to run on a floppy?

tmm58991

tmm58991

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i don't know what state you are in but i live in washington state and there is a free internet called no charge if you want to check it out it is nocharge.com and i don't have a home computer and have to save things using a floppy because i use a public computer and the libraries don't allow downloads and was told the modem may need drivers. and the other site i went to for help need the model number of the modem to help me find drivers for the modem

Getting a free internet service provider is illegal - we do not support illegal activities on Geeks To Go. Also, why would you need a program to run on a floppy?

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Ahh, sorry about that. And I do not live in Washington. For the drivers, it probably is not that large, but you most certainly can get them on a Flash Drive.