Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet cuts out when sending/receiving mail

• Please log in to reply

Clairexists

Clairexists

• Pip
  • 8 posts
When I connect to Outlook Express I receive all new messages but my internet connection then fails and I get a 'recipient rejected' message. Outgoing messages are sometimes received by other people and sometimes not, but they always register as 'sent' in the 'sent folder'. As soon as I send a message, the connection cuts again. Any ideas much appreciated.

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You may want to try and send the same exact emails that you have been sending on a web based email account (Such as Gmail)- as it may be a problem with bandwith. Try sending emails that are large and some that are small to the same email account.

Clairexists

Clairexists

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't think it can be that as I never send large emails and my connection cuts out when I receive anything at all regardless of size - basically as soon as I access OE it receives mail and then the internet connection goes down, If I want to send something I have to re-establish the connection and then as soon as I've sent a message it goes down again.