Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying DVD to hard drive

• Please log in to reply

kidden6968

kidden6968

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not sure I am in the right section but hope someone can help. I have a burned DVD-r that I want to copy to my hard drive to make more copies. I can't seem to find a way to do that with my Windows media player. I also have a version of Sonic on my computer that makes mention of DVD ripping but it also doesn't seem to be saving it.

As you can tell I am not overly computer literate and this is my first time trying to do this. This is a DVD of my nephew that is being deployed to Iraq next month. Someone in basic training made the disc from pictures of him set to "I am an American Soldier" I would really like to make copies for the entire family.

Can someone help? Do I need to buy a special program to do this? :)

Advertisements

kidden6968

kidden6968

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Update on my first post. I have found the Magic DVD Ripper from another posting and have downloaded the trial version. It worked quickly however it only copied the audio and not the video. It is playing back in windows media player but only with the audio. Any suggestions?

mr_sledgeka

mr_sledgeka

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi,

If you only want to make a another DVD copy of what u have already on a DVDR such as a Photoslide show which you mentioned in your post u don't need to rip it on your hardrive to make another copy unless you want to make some changes to it.

You just need a good DVD Burning Software I use Nero Ultra Edition v8(latest one) not free! which has a Burning Rom but there are other worthwhile DVD burning Roms available some free.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
mr sledgeka, you have just replied to a post that is a month old -- you must be desperate to help someone! - lol!

mr_sledgeka

mr_sledgeka

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

mr sledgeka, you have just replied to a post that is a month old -- you must be desperate to help someone! - lol!

Indeed it is abit late February 2008. It seemed the poster needed some help or direction and since no one here offered any ideas i thought I may post a reply and proably they gone somewhere else now.

Have a Nice Day! :)