Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Stop error

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Logic

Mr.Logic

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I got 2 BSOD's,

CACHE_MANAGER
STOP: 0x00000034

&

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
STOP: 0x0000004E

but i read on another forum it could be a memory issue

I have 8gigs of ram look at my sig for system spec also i'm running bios version 904 for my mobo should i flash to the beta 905? nad see if it makes a difference?

Edited by Mr.Logic, 24 February 2008 - 11:56 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
This is from a Microsoft article, it is about Windows 2000, but may get you headed in the right direction.

Error Message:

STOP: 0x0000004E (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Explanation:

This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates the memory management page file number (PFN) list is corrupted.

User Action:

If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with Windows 2000. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows 2000 for the first time, check the Windows 2000 system requirements, including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows 2000. If Windows 2000 is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk, contact your technical support group.

The article can be found here.

Mr.Logic

Mr.Logic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
article = crap

i ran memtest86 v3.4a and picked up that both memory sticks in slot a1 and a2 where bad i'm going to check the stick indivualy now and see if its not just one of them they came out of the same pack so its going to be weird if they are both bad.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

article = crap

The article was meant to give a general idea as to the problem area, not a specific fix..

Mr.Logic

Mr.Logic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
they should mention something in that article such test your memory the thing it says is it deals with a memory page file issue microsoft gives the biggest crap answers to some of there BSOD's why don't they give us that info on the BSOD? lol

ok i got a new error

0x00000101

what does that deal with is it an error in my OS or what the memory error stoped and both stick turned out to be crap

Edited by Mr.Logic, 26 February 2008 - 07:59 PM.