All of USB ports have stopped working on my PC. I've done the following to try and get them working again but nothing has worked so far. I did a restart of the machine after each attempt.
1) Uninstall the drivers via Device Manager.
2) Delete the drivers via Device Manager - when I switched the PC back on it automatically detected and installed the ports.
3) Check the Bios on the PC - everything looked as it should be.
4) Checked the cabling from the ports to the mother board - disconnected and reconnected them.
5) A system restore - I tried to pick a date last month but I could only pick the previous day - when the problem started.
6) A full power down - all power connections removed, including the battery from inside the unit.
Any advice greatly received.