Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC starts up, but screen doesn't show loading

• Please log in to reply

Saltedsnake

Saltedsnake

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I'll say it again just incase, so I try and start my computer, and the fans will start going, but when it turns on, nothing seems to be loading, the screen stays off (the lights still on, as if its asleep though) as if it doesn't even load anything up, just turns on, and stays there, i have an Emachine c6537. So if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know, Much appreciated!

Btw, it was working 2 days ago (feb 23), and nothing really seemed to be wrong with it :)

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Looks like a faulty power supply unit. It delivers 12 volt for the fans but not the lower voltage which is needed to run the electronics.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Have you moved the computer?
If the RAM is not seated properly you will not have any video.
Please follow this Link to see how to reseat the RAM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you get any beeps at all...if not I think (like The Skeptic) its the power supply is dead or dying

Edited by happyrck, 25 February 2008 - 05:17 PM.