Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

4 Ch. MPEG DVR system

• Please log in to reply

ncosner

ncosner

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
we bought a 4 channel MPEG DVR system and cannot seem to get it to work, it came with a 160 gb hard drive but according to the book, it says to install a HDD. what is that and why do we have to install it. Please we need help

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
HDD is short for hard drive.....did it come with the hard drive pre-installed? what's the make and model?

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It just says 4CH MPEG-6 DVR, we ordered it from Ghostmart.com where we order a lot of stuff. It came with a 160 gb hard drive already installed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm going to see if i can find the device on their website and maybe find the manual....

have you guys continued through the manual past the part about installing the hard drive? what exactly does "doesn't work" mean?

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It doesn't do anything, the dvr turns on but that is it. I know we must be doing something wrong but I don't know what.
Thanks.

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It gives pictures of different models and nothing looks like what we have. We tried hooking everything up like it said but nothing.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm having trouble finding the website where you bought the thing from...got a direct link?

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
it's www.ghost-mart.com

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It is the one for $899.00

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I was jsut looking at it on Ghost-mart and it says to plug in an IDE drive. What is that and how much do they cost and how do you know which is suitable?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.ghost-mar...uct/cctv12.html <--that thing right? is there ANY kind of sticker on the DVR that lists make and model? i can't find a manual on that page

an IDE drive is the hard drive that you say is already in it and connected....i really need to be able to locate a manual for the contraption before i can help here.....

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
On the front it has 4CH MPEG4 DVR, on the back it has 2 different set of numbers 000E53083AA3 and also 4 CH DVR/61/US 7KX20381
That is all it has on it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i THINK i found the manual http://www.ipcameras...om/f/gs1800.pdf

go to page 49 and make sure that the HD is actually in there and installed correctly

it also says all the cameras must be connected and powered on before you turn the device on

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks I will have my husband check it out when he gets home.

ncosner

ncosner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Another question. Does he need to get a SVGA monitor cable?