Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opinion please - Vista Home Premium, Zone Alarm and Spy Sweeper can th

• Please log in to reply

tramseyer

tramseyer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Last month, my motherboard died, and Vista Home Premium was on the Acer I bought. Geek Squad installed Webroot, which was fine with me because I had had it on XP. I use Trend Micro antivirus. I had heard about Zone Alarm and SpySweeper not playing well on Vista. Tried it, and what I heard was right; Windows blue screen.

However, I am not happy with Windows Firewall and Defender and scripts - Firefox founders often because of a looping script. With ZA I could vet the scripts, so I'd like to go back to ZA.

Would also like to keep Spysweeper though; I guess if one of the two has to go it would be SS, at least for a while. I have a problem with Vista going bananas, where different programs pop up and/or disappear, the windows rearrange themselves on the desktop, etc., don't know if that's related or not.

So, your opinion please, should I stay with what I have, which is SpySweeper, Windows firewall and Windows Defender? Are there versions of ZA and SpySweeper and Trend that play well together? Never had a problem with Trend Antivirus.

Thanks
Theresa

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I use Comodo free firewall on Vista, and XP, and it works well: http://www.personalf...all.comodo.com/

tramseyer

tramseyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I finally figured out what was making my computer so jumpy; it was the old mouse. Added some memory too, which has helped immensely.

I think I tried Comodo's firewall once, will have to look at it again.

Thanks
Theresa