Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech MouseWare 9.79.1 uninstall problems

• Please log in to reply

woodbuff

woodbuff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just bought a new wireless mouse. When I went to install the software for it it said I needed to uninstall my current mouse software. I went to add/remove programs as the logitech web site instructed and the pc rebooted. The mouseware was still there. I went back to the logitech site and searched the answers. I found the manual uninstall process and went through it...twice. I still show mouseware in add/remove programs, the new software still won't install and I'm about ready to scream!!!!!!!!

I've removed all the reg. keys they listed, all the drivers, deleted the folders and set the windows default mouse drivers up. Can anyone suggest what else I can do to get this off of my pc short of doing a clean install of xp???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Woodbuff. Welcome to Geeks2Go

Have you made sure no component of Mouseware is running in memory (perhaps as a process or startup item)?
As a process, Mouseware loads a file called "EM_EXEC.EXE" at startup.

Any component of Mouseware which is still running will prevent an uninstall if the uninstaller is unable to automatically 'kill' it.

woodbuff

woodbuff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the welcome pip. I think it's great this forum is available.

In answer to your suggestion, yes, I have gone through and removed all files and registry keys. I cleaned out all drivers with reg. search, removed all items from start menu. After all that I unplugged my current usb mouse and rebooted. Then, once it booted up, I plugged the corded mouse back in. Windows found new hardware and installed the default driver. But obviously I've missed something. In doing a search for files on the entire pc, (I have 5 partitions on 3 drives in a raid config.), I found some logitech files on my D: drive. My roommate did the initial install of software on this pc when we built it. I have since done a couple of reformats of my C drive and reinstalled all software in the default positions. I'm thinking perhaps the original install was on the D drive. I'm unable to contact my roommate for the next couple of weeks to find out for certain. I deleted the files I found on D and went through the manual uninstall once more. I still have Mouseware in add/remove prog. and the new software still won't install. When I try to remove the listed software in add/remove the computer just reboots. I'm at a loss at this point.

DJTrekie

DJTrekie

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I'm having the same thing here too