Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound device Has failed?

• Please log in to reply

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
:) :) I just re clocked my CPU and i got 1.44Ghz out of 1.11Ghz, But now my sound isnt working

I`ve tried WMP just to make sure it wasnt Firefox Issues and i got this error message "WMP can not play the file because there is a probable with you sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use my another program, or it might not be functioning correctly."

And this is really strange to me because i`m still using the on-board Sound/video stuff

Edited by Foxxed, 26 February 2008 - 07:00 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You have probably overclocked by using the FSB. This also overclocks any other hardware that uses the bus, thus overclocking the sound causing it to fail. I would not doubt that you have other problems but just have not found them yet. If you drop the FSB back to standard settings does the sound come back? You may have damaged the chipsetto where it does not work anymore. Many varibles here could cause the problem including overvoltage frying parts of the chipset. You may have just fried the speakers also.

SRX660