Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

we3luvdisney

we3luvdisney

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I need some additional help from the experts. We've had a problem with allaboutsearching(dot)com and I think it has been fixed (thanks to Geeks to Go). However, when I try to defrag my system it just locks up and doesn't run. Also, my resources are really high, which slows my system down. Is there anything I can do to fix the defrag problem and to get my system running faster? My wife plays a game (something to do with colored balls) and she says the game really runs slow. We didn't have this problem until allaboutsearching(dot)com tagged onto our system.

FYI - I can't find my operating disks, so if you suggest I re-install my operating system this will be a problem.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Reboot in safe mode (by tapping F8 at startup and select safe mode from the menu). Try running defrag in safemode, and reboot when finished. <_<