Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My hewlettpackard

• Please log in to reply

waxwagon123

waxwagon123

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Uhm recently ive decided my computer needs to be totally redone i have the xp disk but one thing ui can not find out is how to find the drivers for my computer ive searched a few sites googled a few things and cannot find the drivers for my computer it is a hewlett packard 6630 a helping hand would be grealty appritiated thanks...

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
are you trying to format your current Harddrive?
if you are, then continue.
~~~~~~
if you bought this computer, the original box should have come with a disk called "recovery" or "utilities"

it should be on that disk.

You do have an Windows XP disk right? not a Windows XP recovery disk.

waxwagon123

waxwagon123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah i have windows xp, not recovery disk. but the computer is old so i do not have the recovery/utilities disk.. any where i can get those drivers for this comp its rediculously slow unfortionately the hard drive must be redone.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
have you tried HP's site?

or calling custommer support?

you might be able to get a new driver disk by just paying shipping.

waxwagon123

waxwagon123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive tried the hp site already nothing there i havent tried to get it from a store because it is not my computer i was trying to get it fixed for a friend of mine without spending any money i already got the xp disk as i stated before but thank you for the help i spose i could tellem its gunna cost him a bit of cash thanks brother....

waxwagon123

waxwagon123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i trust in your knowledge but id like to leave this going till tomarow see if anyone else might have some different input before i go spending money :) you know how it goes every doller counts

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
What drivers are you looking for?
Did you try the HP site?
In the OS Independent page, you'll see the graphics and sound drivers.