Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, no display!

• Please log in to reply

chocolatelazer

chocolatelazer

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi, We were fitting new parts into a mates pc case

these are the parts anyway first of all:

Asus P5GC-MX/1333, I945GC(A2),Socket-775 ,LAN, m-ATX, DDR2, VGA, PCI-Ex16
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz Socket LGA775, 2MB,
Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 2048MB Kit w/two CL5 1GB Dimm's, E.P.P and DHX
Club3D GeForce 8800GT 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express, Tv Out, Dual DVI
+ a sata hdd

Anyway, we got all the bits in and the pc will turn on (The cpu fan spins, the led lights are on, on the front panel and there's a green light on the mobo) but nothing will appear on the monitor (which works fine) also the power is only 400w but it wont even run with the mighty graphics card taken out, theres no picture still! we've tried everything we can think of and it just doesn't want to seem to work for us, can anyone suggest anything to help?

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Have you tried reseating the RAM?
Some times, if the RAM is not seated properly you will not get a display.

chocolatelazer

chocolatelazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
yeah tried that, tried taking everything out and puttin it back in, but its not working yet. the mobo isnt making any beepies at me either. so i assume its all working but it new so it has to be. :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try changing the power supply.
You have plugged the 12v adaptor 4pin connector in I take it?

chocolatelazer

chocolatelazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Try changing the power supply.
You have plugged the 12v adaptor 4pin connector in I take it?

Yeah i tried a power supply from an other pc in the house, same situation! this is really weird!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
look in the bios and find the default settings...usually F5...but read the screens to be sure what yours is..save the settings and try booting again...
no joy...
remove the mobo from the computer...lay it on a cardboard box..connect only a keyboard mouse and 1 stick of ram and I am assuming you do have compatible ram that your mobo manufacture says works with that mobo ...and the video card and monitor...if it does boot up you have/had a short when the mobo is installed in the case...

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I have the exact same problem on two of my machines! I've checked everything, replaced power supply, RAM, and Video card, reseated everything multiple times, still no luck, my machine does not have on-board video of nay kind so I am stuck. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you,

--Chris