Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't upload files, and can't send emails wiith attachments

• Please log in to reply

dimitris

dimitris

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I cleaned up my system from trojans etc with great help from Rorschach112, who suggested that I post to this forum. I still can't upload files, for example attach files to a new yahoo mail. Als can't send mails with attachments from Thumderbird oor Outlook Express. I have win 2000 pro, avast antivirus, avg antiispyware, and spywareguard.

When I send e mail without attachments it goes fine.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Dimitris

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Dimitris,

What happens when you try and upload a file or send an email with an attachment? Do you get an error message? If so, what is the message? The more information you can give us, the better we can help you.

dimitris

dimitris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello and thanks for replying! I m Dimitris.

This is what Thunderbird says:

"Sending of message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server mailgate.forthnet.gr failed. Thhe server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please veriify thatt your SMTP server setting is coarrect and try again , or else contact your network administrator." The progress bar shows Delivering mail 25% and then the above message shows.

I checked with my provider (forthnet) and they say everythiing is ok. They suggested it might be a firewall problem.

dimitris

dimitris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Also when I try too upload (foor example an attachment to a mail I try to send through my yahoo mail account) its trying to upload for ever ...just this...there is no message.

dralex

dralex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Dimitris, I have exact problem. Have tried to uninstall antivirus, use second computer, reset router, use different smtp server. One thing is very interesting - I can use Gmail and attach files, but nothing else is working (Outlook, Thunderbird, Netscape) :) ISP says that everything is fine and the problem is on my site, but they (Pipex) recently were taken over by Tiscali and service went down the drain. Just wonder if you had any luck in resolving this problem. Many thanks, Alex.