Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display does fill entire screen

• Please log in to reply

deathninja

deathninja

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I have an HP dv4000 and the display is stuck at 1024x768 and will not fill the entire screen. It does in Windows, In the BIOS in ANYTHING.

This drive was wiped prior to this (problem still occurring before the wipe). And the lastest and greats video driver was installed. I knew it almost certainly was not the driver because it does in the bios too.....

any idears?

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
You say "stuck". Did you try to change the properties?

deathninja

deathninja

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

You say "stuck". Did you try to change the properties?

Yes of course. Nothing changed.

I also flashed the bios to the newest version too... nothing...

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
There are a zillion models of the HP dv4000 notebook. Which one do you have?

Where did you get the latest driver from? Perhaps using an older version would fix this, sometimes it does.

deathninja

deathninja

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

There are a zillion models of the HP dv4000 notebook. Which one do you have?

Where did you get the latest driver from? Perhaps using an older version would fix this, sometimes it does.

Let me stress that it also does it in the bios. If it were a driver then my bios would load normally. Im thinking hardware at this point....

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sorry, yes, you did say that and I ignored it. :)

Does your laptop have a Presentation Mode? It's normally used when you connect a projector up so you can view your screen on a larger area. If it's in PM mode then it will force the resolution to what ever it's default is.

Do you have another display you can hook to the external video connector? Would be interesting to see if it's okay there or not.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try getting your chipset drivers...this will usually take care of onboard graphics display problems..