Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista doesn't list second sata hard disk

• Please log in to reply

Lorddias

Lorddias

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well I decided to try out Vista Home Premium today, I installed it to my 30 GB IDE hard drive because a long time ago I lost my scsi drivers and had to do that for windows xp. Anyway, when I went to install vista it listed all 3 of my drives, my 30 GB IDE, my 70 GB sata for storage and my 250 GB sata for storage. So I installed it to my IDE. Now when I went to go into my Computer all it lists is my C: IDE and my 70 GB sata as my D: my 250 GB drive isn't there. Picture 1. However when I go into device manager it lists all three of my hard drives. Picture 2.

So what should I do to get my other hard drive to show in my computer? I have it all set up in my bios, everything works fine on XP. But for some reason, it isn't listing it in my Computer and I have a ton of precious data on that drive. I went into disk management, and all that appeared was the two drives.

Found my problem, Home Premium doesn't support dynamic drives.. bah.. guess I have to format this. Well, thanks for looking.

Edited by Lorddias, 29 February 2008 - 06:13 PM.

Advertisements

hidyjane

hidyjane

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi

a quick google search got me here

http://www.vistahead...r-computer.html

hope it helps?
Hidyjane