Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

symantec problems

• Please log in to reply

mankey522

mankey522

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I got this computer from a friend and now my symantec is causing connection problems i believe. It all started one rainy afternoon when i downloaded an IE7 auto update after that my browser wouldn't even connect to the net. So i uninstall it and everything works normal again EXCEPT i cant connect to my messengers or my fulltilt poker software. If it involves talking to another client from the software's screen it wont allow me to connect. I.E. when i open Full Tilt it shows a connecting screen then says cant connect to server. I have had several people say they think its my Symantec stuff but i got find the uninstaller for my symantec stuff its not in the program files. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Please try the Norton removal tool.
You can find it Here.

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello there,
If hcfcg's fix does not work for you, maybe you should try going into your Internet Options tab in IE, clicking the connections tab, find the LAN settings tab and seeing if the box "Automatically detect settings" is checked. What happened to me in the past was I downloaded the new IE version,it defaulted my LAN settings to a manual proxy setting, which then restricted certain connection attempts. So having that box checked on auto might solve your problem.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
another option is to install and use firefox...get it here..