Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 6110 Printer Not Printing Text

• Please log in to reply

joanne800

joanne800

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My HP 6110 printer is not printing text. It prints images fine. I have unplugged the printer, checked the cartridges, run text pages and it still does not work properly. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi joanne and welcome to Geeks2Go!

Possibly the black nozzle is clogged with dried ink since it's the black cartridge that the printer uses for black text -- the graphics are printing because the printer uses the colour inks to print those.

As a test, type some text in Wordpad and change it to either blue or red by highlighting the text then clicking the artists palette on the toolbar to select a colour. Now try printing it. If it prints it's a black ink problem so you'll need to locate the 'cleaning cycle' in your HP printer driver and run it, if possible selecting only the black cartridge for cleaning to avoid wasting the coloured inks.

If cleaning makes no difference, you'll have to try a new cartridge as the cartridge itself may be clogged with dried ink. If even that doesn't fix it, I'm afraid you may have to consider replacing the printer. This happened to me 2 years ago with a 3-year old Epson Stylus. No amount of cleaning would clear the blockage, not even leaving the nozzles soaked in ink-solvent all night. It went to the tip and now I have a Canon. I can leave it for a week and it still prints fine on all colours. No more Epsons for me. I've never owned an HP printer but from what I've read on various forums they suffer the same as Epsons where ink blockages are concerned.

Edited by pip22, 02 March 2008 - 02:17 PM.