Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing cd & dvd software

• Please log in to reply

Barum

Barum

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Magix CD &DVD de luxe 2.0 which I had installed on my old computer ...Windows XP... cannot instal with Vista....only 93%...it says that the windows media player is not compatible..... i.e. the one I am trying to instal is older than the one I have with Vista.... is there any way I can install ? can I download a patch ? any advice please .

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go, Barum.

I think you'll have to purchase a later version of it or install a similar product that's Vista compatible.
Usually if an XP product will install but not run properly, you can make it run in XP compatibility mode.
But if it won't even fully install you're stuck, as even applying a patch (assuming there was one) requires the application to be installed first.

Barum

Barum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thankyou very much...I thought that might be the case

Barum

Barum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thankyou very much...I thought that might be the case