Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My folders in the "my pictures" folder, folder names are mis

• Please log in to reply

moon_eyes0713

moon_eyes0713

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I hope I'm posting in the right category. I just have a small question, in the "My Pictures" folder I have it set to view as thumbnails. Until recently the names of the folders would appear underneath the folder. Now nothing is showing up underneath and its just folders and its driving me crazy! lol I love having them as thumbnails and now the only way I can see the name of the folder is if i set it to anything else. Well, the names dont show up in the filmstrip view either, and its just for the "My Pictures" folder. All of my other folders, like "My Documents" and "My Received Files" are showing the names under the folders. So I'd appreciate any help! Thanks so much :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

I found this as a possible fix:

Assuming you're in thumbnail view at the moment, Go back to "List" view and then switch back to thumbnail view while keeping the "Shift" key pressed.

Now you may have to close the My Pictures folder & re-open it to see if it's fixed the problem.

moon_eyes0713

moon_eyes0713

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That worked, thanks so much! You're officially my hero lol.