Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CWS.Ctfmon32 and booting error [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

c00per

c00per

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello, JSntgRvr,

Strangely, you are able to boot.

Yeah, it looks a bit strange to me too :)

And the answer to the question is yes, I have another bootable partition on my second hdd (I was thinking of installing Vista to it in the future, but never did it).

So, should I use that Recovery Console thing?

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Hello, JSntgRvr,

Strangely, you are able to boot.

Yeah, it looks a bit strange to me too :)

And the answer to the question is yes, I have another bootable partition on my second hdd (I was thinking of installing Vista to it in the future, but never did it).

So, should I use that Recovery Console thing?

If both bootable partitions are NTFS, you can include both in the Boot.ini. A question will be asked during the "bootcfg /rebuild" command process to that effect. The identifier should be different as to identify which partition will the computer boot from, but the options should be the same, /Fastdetect. VISTA however is a different story. It does not use a Boot.ini file to boot. I believe is feasible, but we will jump that fence as soon as we get there.

If successful, you will have a dual boot at startup, where you will be able to select by means of a menu, which partition to boot from.

Keep me posted on the progress.

c00per

c00per

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Yatta!
Mission completed. Thanks to You :)
Looks like everything is ok, so I would like to honestly Thank You one more time for helping me. Goodbye and good luck to You :)

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.