Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Still Need Help with lasse.exe and can't get past windows screen

• Please log in to reply

cpt1

cpt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I downloaded to a flashdrive and it won't pull up. I'll try again tomorrow.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You won't be able to use the flash drive on that machine until the chipset drivers are installed... :)

Can you burn them to a cd?

cpt1

cpt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Do I have to run the file first before I burn to a CD?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
No....just burn the files to a cd and run them on the HP from that.

The cd drive use native Windows drivers....the USB ports need the chipset drivers to function.

cpt1

cpt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I must be doing something wrong. I burned the three files to a CD and I can't get it to work. Please help.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Put the CD in the computer you're working on, then open the CD drive from My Computer. Double click on each file to install it. You may have to reboot after each. If not do each one sequentially.

cpt1

cpt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Ztruker,
The Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller will not load. :) Any advice????????

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
??? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying one of the drivers you put on CD will not install?

Please explain exactly what you are doing. It's very hard for us to help if we don't know what's going on. Words are cheap, don't be afraid to use a few :)

For instance, the drivers you should have downloaded are:

sp23945.exe Chipset
sp23941.exe Audio
sp23942.exe Graphic (video)

These are the files you burn to CD then you double click on each one in turn to install them on the problem computer. What files did you put on the CD (filename.ext please)?

cpt1

cpt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
There were three ? in Device Manager. They were next to: Video Controller (VGA Compatiblle), Multimedia Audio Controller, and Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller. So, I downloaded these files as Wannabe1 instructed me to:

sp23945.exe Chipset
sp23941.exe Audio
sp23942.exe Graphic (video)

Of the three, I was able to load two of them--not sure which two. I still have a question mark(?) next to Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller in the device manager. My question is which of the three files supports the USB controller? I assume it's the chipset, if so, I can't get it to load.

Edited by cpt1, 07 March 2008 - 07:41 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yes, Chipset should be the one. The only other thing I see that could have any effect is the Card Reader driver. Does your eMachine have a built in Flash card reader? If so, give it a try.

Advertisements

cpt1

cpt1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have an HP machine--not eMachine. I don't have a card reader--not really sure though. Should I unistall the files and reinstall?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Look in Event Viewer (Start / Run type eventvwr.msc and press Enter). Look in each of the 3 categories on the left, see if there are any red entries. If so double click on them and look at the details. You can use the Arrow keys to move up and down in the list of log entries while viewing details.

Perhaps there is something there will help identify why you can't install the Chipset driver. There may also be an install log but I don't know where that would be located.