Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop.exe application error

• Please log in to reply

kathy82tse

kathy82tse

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I'm new to this forum and I've been very desperate for some help. Recently, I encountered a problem while loading my photoshop cs program. Once it loads to a certain point, a message "unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry but this error is unrecoverable." appears and after I click on "ok" another message " Th instruction at 0x4c504950" referenced memory at "0x4c504950". The memory could not be "read". " appears. I've never experienced this before and I tried to go for system restore but that failed to work either (I could not restore to any of the earlier points). So, I tried re-installing photoshop but once again the program would not load. I've googled for a long time but I have not found any working solutions. (some people have suggested using ctrl +alt+shift while the program loads to delete settings but I've tried that and it doesn't work either.) I've also used AVG to scan my computer but it hasn't detect any problems with me system.

So, how do I fix this problem and is it actually a memory problem?
My laptop is compaq presario V3000 and it operates on windows xp with SP2.
I'd really appreciate any help,
Kathy.

P.S: I'm not a computer geek so I don't know how to do anything too sophisticated with my laptop >.<"

Advertisements

TechGuyTom

TechGuyTom

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just to clarify...

When you tried "System Restore" where their no restore points available, or did the system fail while attempting to do a restore? This problem may extend beyond Photoshop if that's the case.

kathy82tse

kathy82tse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! When I tried the system restore, the system would perform the usual processes when running system restore, such as turning off the computer, then loading the bar to show the system restore progress, then restarting windows. However, a window from system restore notifys me that system restore failed to restore back to the critical point and that no changes have been made. I've already tried it with a few other critical points.