Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spring Cleaning My Registry

• Please log in to reply

MCF

MCF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been doing some cleanup of old deleted programs to get the last few keys out of my registry.

While doing this I noticed that under HKCU/Typelib there are a ton of keys that merely say "(no value set)".

Now, I'm not really worried about all these keys since my computer is running fine, but in the spirit of cleaning my registry do I need all of the ones with "no value set" or can I get rid of them. I know the ones with values are important, but what about all of the ones with no value?

Thanks.

Advertisements

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Downlosd and run regscrubber and don't worry about keys with no values set. I would not delete any key that you are not sure exactly what is.

MCF

MCF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
works for me, I was just curious :)