Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad CPU

• Please log in to reply

Bushisland

Bushisland

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi,

I have a Intel DQ965GF (Executive Series) motherboard. It supports Intel Core 2 Duo, Pentium D, Pentium 4 and Celeron D processors. Processor socket is LGA 775, Chipsetis Intel Q965 and FSB support 1066 MHz. Will the Dual 2 Quad fit and if not, would a Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 be better? I want to do so gaming. While I at it any suggestions on a Video card? I have one PCI Express x16 slot.

Advertisements

j_bauer94

j_bauer94

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
the quads outta work in your system. There isn't too much of a difference between the best c2d and the worst quad infact the c2d actually beat it in like one area so the quads are good but not that much better than c2d's. What is your budget on the video card?

j_bauer94

j_bauer94

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm not a professional so don't listen to me.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
your motherboard supports;
Processor Support for an Intel® Core™2 Quad processor in an LGA775 socket with a 1066 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Core™2 Duo processor in an LGA775 socket with a 1066 or 800 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Pentium® D processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 or 533 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Pentium® 4 processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 or 533 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Celeron® D processor in an LGA775 socket with a 533 MHz system bus
I just built a system with this processor and it works well.
It is designed for graphic intensive programs.
I do not know about the best video card for gaming as I am not a gamer.