Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Cannot find function : STR_REMOVEQUOTES"

• Please log in to reply

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I've never seen this one before. Since I work with a lot of classified files, I use CyberScrub Privacy Suite to overwrite deleted files. Lately when I open CyberScrub a message box pops up stating "Cannot find funcion : STR_REMOVEQUOTES" I click on OK and CyberScrub opens normally.

It doesn't seem to interfere with the program, just annoying. Any ideas?

This only happens when opening CyberScrub, no other programs.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try uninstalling then reinstalling CyberScrub from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Kniht

Kniht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Ztruker,

Thanks for the reply. Have uninstalled CyberScurb and reinstalled twice, same annoying message. One thing I did think of, I uninstalled CyberScrub 4.0, downloaded and installed the trial version of CyberScrub 5.0. Didn't see a whole lot of difference in the two so I uninstalled the trial version and reinstalled my paid version of CyberScrub. This is when the annoying message began.

The way it looks "STR_REMOVEQUOTES", I get a feeling it has to do with a dword or stringvalue in the registry.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I see you posted in 3 different forums on this. Please pick one and stay with it. It's not fair to the folks here to go off looking for ways to help if other people on other forums are doing the same thing. I understand that you want this fixed but since it's not affecting your ability to do your job, be a bit patient. :) (we don't have a twiddling thumbs icon or I'd have used that).

Have you contacted the makers of CyberScrub? As your last post mentioned, this sounds like something that happened when you installed the trial 5.0 version, so they have probably seen it before and can help.

What you can try is uninstall 4.0 again, then install RegSeeker and use it's "Find in registry" function to locate and delete all instances of CyberScrub in the registry. Shutdown and reboot then reinstall 4.0.

RegSeeker makes backups of anything you delete as long as the box is checked to do so. Makes it very easy to restore if necessary though I can't think of a single reason why it would be in this case.

Edit: If you're hesitant to mess with the registry, install ERUNT. Let it add an entry to your Start menu during the install process. That will allow ERUNT to backup your registry each time you boot. It only takes a few seconds and has no real impact on boot time. Run ERUNT immediately after installing it to create a full registry backup. The restore can even be run from the Recovery Console if necessary.

Edited by Ztruker, 07 March 2008 - 07:30 AM.