Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My laptop screen doesnt do nothing

• Please log in to reply

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
When I turn on my laptop the lights start blinking like its going to turn on but the screen never shows nothing, it just stays there and nothing happens, what could it be?

Pleas help ASAP!
Thanks

Edited by BSNCAPBYY, 07 March 2008 - 08:24 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
It could be the laptop LCD display itself. DO you have another monitor you could connect to the VGA port on the back of the laptop.

If that works then the LCD display is bad and you will need to have it replaced.

Do you hear any beeps when it starts up? Normally you will hear one.

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I check the laptop with a monitor and it looked same and I here no sounds, what could this be?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You definitely have a hardware problem. Could be the power supply, mother board, CPU, memory, hard drive or any other component but the most likely cause is the power supply.

What is the make and model of the laptop? There may be some trouble shooting steps in the Users Manual that you can try.

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
The model is Gateway MX3410

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
No luck. All I could find on the Gateway site was the Hardware Maintenance manual. It says the Users Guide, with a troubleshooting section, is on your hard drive, which you can't get to.

Sounds like you need to take it to a reliable computer repair shop or send it back to the manufacturer.

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks for trying!