Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

lewi1983

lewi1983

• Pip
  • 3 posts
<_< Can you please, please help me. i have just received a computer that was "broke". When i put the pc on all the lights and fans work but the screen is blank. i have replaced the screen but still nothing won't come up. the floppy drive won't work but the CD drive will. how do i get this computer working?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
maybe it could be an issue with your video card, or some of ur connections may be in the wrong place, have u tried reinstalling the video card?

lewi1983

lewi1983

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
<_< the computer i got didn't come with any disks. the problem started with someone turning off the computer without shutting it down propley. when he tries to turn it on the screen is blank. i can't get into windows as nothing will load up. HELP!!! :D

lewi1983

lewi1983

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
<_< Can someone please help me with my computer? When i turn it on the screen is blank. windows won't come on and the MS-DOS that comes on at the start saying all the information about my computer won't come on. Please please help me! :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

windows won't come on and the MS-DOS that comes on at the start saying all the information about my computer won't come on.

Please tell us exactly what this message says. <_<

mpyeman

mpyeman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi i had what sounds the same, when u turn the pc on does it beep at u??

If not then disconnect all power from the motherboard including the battery back up leave for 5 min then reconnect. this will reset bios, u will have to run bios set up ie set time and date again but this worked for me. good luck

if it does beep then the number of beeps means something.