Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitors

• Please log in to reply

gkindred

gkindred

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[font="Arial"]I am running dual monitors but don't know how to set it up to jump from one screen to the other with my mouse. I'd also like to use one of them with another computer altogether. Is this possible using KVM switches or some other method? Detailed instructions if even possible would be great.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I am running dual monitors but don't know how to set it up to jump from one screen to the other with my mouse.

right click your desktop, choose properties, go to "settings" you should see a screen with two monitors in it...right click on the one labeled "2" and choose "attach"...then make sure that the "extend my desktop to this monitor" box is checked and press apply

Is this possible using KVM switches or some other method? Detailed instructions if even possible would be great

....you might be slightly confused here....are you wanting to control another computer that's at the same desk with your keyboard etc? while still using a 3rd monitor? or same idea but using one or both of the two other monitors? either way a KVM would allow this....if you just want the keyboard and mouse to switch to the 2nd PC but keep a 3rd monitor then you'd just hook the mouse and keyboard to the KVM (and then the KVM to each computer) and leave the monitor directly connected to the PC