Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help setting up cable internet on win 98

• Please log in to reply

TJ Drifter

TJ Drifter

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi, I have an old pentium II system running win98(first edition). I want to connect to my comcast broadband connection to it and have no idea what settings to add or change. My comcast broadband modem uses an ethernet connection. I have installed a network card on the win 98 system and it shows up in device manager as working properly. Beyond that I am lost. What info do you need to get me started with step by step instructions on connection settings?

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
after you have connected your pc to the comcast modem you can try running win98's internet connection wizard and just choose the options that say you connect to the internet through a local area network (LAN) and to use your LAN card to connect to the internet then restart the pc after you complete the wizard. hope this helps.

good luck